Our next OPEN DAY will take place on Saturday 8th October 2016. We will have a presentation for new parents at 10:30. This is an ideal opportunity to learn more about our unique, leading edge programmes. We’d love to meet you in person.
Fernhill Preparatory offers an enriched leading edge curriculum which includes Smart Words, Maths and the Perceptual Motor Programme (PMP). The PMP is one of Australia’s most highly rated educational programmes. The PMP is a sequential development programme which aims to develop the child’s perceptions and understanding of himself and his environment through movement/motor experiences. Children who enjoy the learning journey are happy, excited children who want to come to school and are enthusiastic about new experiences and information.
Our dynamic, structured, stimulating curriculum is fully CAPS compliant. It aims to be preventive rather than curative and your child receives ample experiences to master basic foundational and preparation skills in a number of areas. These include literacy, numeracy, motor, memory, visual, auditory, social and life skills. The child who masters these skills will have the self-confidence to explore his environment and enjoy his learning journey – equipping them for life.
To achieve these aims, Fernhill provides a stimulating and secure environment where children are nurtured into confident and motivated students who are fully prepared to discover and mobilise their God-given potential, gifts and talents. We follow a holistic approach where sound Christian principles and values are employed to ensure the highest levels of all-round development of the primary school child – academically, physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
Differentiated teaching approach
- Own pace learning and development
- GDE registered
- Enhanced leading edge curriculum – CAPS-compliant
- Internationally acclaimed Perceptual Motor Programme (PMP)
- 29-year track record in ECD and Foundation Phase Education
- Christian ethos underpinning sound values and principles
- Music and music appreciation
- Our approach teaches your child self-discipline to study and take responsibility
- Cultivating a positive self-worth
- A nurturing and peaceful environment
- Experienced Teachers who regularly attend courses in First aid and CPR
- Wide range of co-curricular activities
- Excellent Security
- Safe parking
- Large and well-tended grounds
- Aftercare facilities